• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy User List , Override, Removal

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently work with remote writers using an InCopy/InDesign workflow. What I'd like to see is a list of all the users who have created a user profile on this project. I'm also wondering how I might be able to override the check in/check out system.  Is it possible to delete/remove users from a file/project if say, they leave the company, etc.

I thought when I'd go to assisgn an assignment to someone that there would be a list of the users. Even when I go to change/edit my user name, I'm not given a list of current user names that already exist. Am I missing something?

It'd be nice if there was a "master/main/admin" user that can override the check in/check out system - say for instance if someone is sick or no longer works at the company and forgets to check something in. This is especially important if we have remote users working from live files. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of that is possible out of the box. It is all informational only. There are third party editorial systems that sit on top of InCopy/InDesign but they are very expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to request these features to be added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK, there's no User Voice site for InCopy and even if there was, IMO, you'd be wasting your time. You can either pay six figures to a third party or deal with the security of access to the files at the corporate IT level.

I'm sorry, but that's the cold hard truth. Nothing like that is going to get added by Adobe for small workgroups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines