• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy Won't Open Gallery and Story View

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my team members is attempting to open a .icma file in InCopy and is receiving a pop-up that says: Because the document contains InCopy stories, Gallery View and Story View are not available. They are therefore unable to edit text. However, when I open the file, I am able to edit and access Gallery and Story View. Is there a way to determine what is stopping a team member from accessing the file? 

For additional context: One of our other team members creates the InCopy files using InDesign and then we access it from a shared server remotely. We are using the 2023 versions of both programs. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a very specific alert and I have yet to see it displayed incorrectly (you have a typo in your post...the alert is because there is no InCopy content).

Sounds like the InDesign user didn't create this correct and FWIW, for small workgroups I do not recommend using assignments. Just open the INDD file in InCopy but be sure everyone involved has full access to the ICLM files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines