Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magnification widget gone

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just updated to Incopy 2024 and I noticed that the magnification widget that was located on the topmost bar is gone. Does anyone know how to get it back?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and that appears to be the case. I can't find any information about it anywhere. It was either a strange choice or it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 2023:

This is 2024:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem. Adobe said that in this new version this tool was removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One can only question why. It seems like a strange decision since it was something a lot of people usedd. It was much simpler than using the regular zoom functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why it was removed but I never used it. The zoom tool was and is my tool of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experienced users, and especially people who have worked with a lot of Adobe applications (namely InDesign and Photoshop) have no issues with the shortcuts and zoom tool. However, new users who come from the world of Microsoft Office have a harder time with it. From what I've seen through the years they really prefer just to select a percentage so they know what is going to happen to the size of things and can base there decision on what they want to do. Using the magnifying glass isn't as intuitive and requires switching tools - and they unfortunately aren't going to be aware of the shortcuts. Guess they'll just need to learn, but it's too bad it was removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't disagree, but if the move to InCopy now, they'll never know any other way.

Why Adobe does these things, is way above my pay grade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines