• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from Layout to Galley

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely there is a reasonable way to move from Layout to the same spot in Galley, but after multiple attempts over the years I have not found an answer. Switching to Galley then having to scroll through hundreds of stories in an effort to locate an overset is siimply inefficient, much less frustrating. Please tell me there is a simple way to switch from Layout to Galley and land at the same story.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight some text in the layout. Switch to Galley.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that for years, but most of the time I have to scroll in Galley to locate the highlighted text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the story out first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It is almost always a story I am in the process of working on in Layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried switching to story view? I wish I could help, but it works consistently for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I have the same experience going from Layout to Story view. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear. You are physically selecting some text, not just inserting your cursor in the story?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. The selected text is the way I find where I need to be while scrolling through Galley.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines