• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Missing Only When Viewed From .indd File

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had something weird happen for the first time tonight. Our designer, working in inDesign, notices entire sections of text were missing from his file. Seemingly randomly, we can't quite figure out why some are gone and others arent. When I open the .indd file in inCopy, I see the same thing, whether I'm looking in Layout Story or Galley views—The text frames and assignments still exist, but random assignments are just blank, with no text at all. But when I close the .indd file and open either the .icma file or the .icml file for the supposedly blank assignment, all the copy is still there. Anyone have any idea whats going on? I'm thankful the copy still exists somewhere but we're really hoping we don't need to redesign it all. 

TOPICS
Assignments

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first piece of advice is to stop using assignments. There's no need to use them in such a small group and it just adds a layer of complexity that serves no real purpose.

Just open the INDD file in InCopy and work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll give that a try next time! In the meantime, is there any way to pull or import the copy from those individual assignment files back into the .indd where the text has disappeared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say you still see text if you open the ICML files so you could try relinking them from the links panel in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines