• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using inCopy to allow remote editing of inDesign documents

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a need at my company to create a document (in inDesign) that can be tweaked frequently by other people who are not versed in the software, so as to avoid a bottleneck of constant tiny changes coming through to one person. We have tried using inCopy for this purpose, as it's advertised to do, but have so far been unable to effectively share documents, stories, etc. across computers. What are our options? Can someone explain the process to me like I'm five? 

TOPICS
How to , InDesign workflow , Sync and storage , Version and compatibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the InDesign file, all links and the exported InCopy content into a Dropbox, OneDrive or other cloud-based storage and share the folder with all users. Make sure that any smart sync features are turned off. Have the InCopy users open the INDD file in InCopy and check out any content that needs to be updated. Check it back in when they're done and when the InDesign user opens the file they'll be prompted to update.

You might want to consider getting some training for everyone, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, if you're all working on the same local network, that's fine and you don't need anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines