• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you able to have the text box in InCopy extend down as the user types into the text box?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have applied 'Text Frame Auto Size - Height Only' as an Object Style to all the text boxes in my InDesign file.

These do extend automatically when I update links in InDesign after the InCopy user has completed their amendments. However, I wondered is there a way for the text boxes to extend for the user within InCopy so they are able to see what the content looks like on the design?

Many thanks for your help, Tom

TOPICS
Assignments , Check in check out , Feature request , How to , InDesign workflow , Performance , Story gallery view

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object styles do not exist in InCopy, since this would require actively changing the textframe geometry of an object in the InDesign file. You therefore run into a limit of the design of InCopy: it cannot edit the page layout such as frame sizes. Only after checking in and updating content would the change be reflected in InDesign. InCopy, on the other hand, gives the writer the Story view to write at length.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The lack of this means that there are many uses for which it cannot be used. In my case, I want to make a "quote box" that vertically sizes based on the size of the quote. I'd rather the content creators use Incopy than have to teach them indesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines