• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assignment update disconnect

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with InCopy for a number of years now and we have been having a lot of trouble lately. Usually, issues are something like an image is not updating on one of my editor's computers. But recently we have been having issues with my Indesign edits not registering on my Editor's computer.

I Create the document in InDesign and Insert the copy for editing in InCopy. He makes the edits which appear on my document but once I have made adjustments on my end, assignments cease to update for him. We are left in a situation where I am having to strip the whole document down and start again, over and over. This has become much more common over the last few months and people are really starting to get frustrated. I checked his version of InCopy and he was running 2019. I am running the 2020 version. I made sure we updated his version but that did not solve anything.

We are running our files off of a network, Windows server 16. 

I have gone through the message board but I have not come across this situation yet. If someone is aware of a message that deals with this problem or has a solution please let me know. it would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised you were able to do any work with you using 2020 and he using 2019.  I would create a new 2020 InDesign doc on the server, save it. Add a test story, export it to InCopy format and save it at the same location. Have your editor open the INDD file (not the ICML file) and check out the story, edit, save changes, close the doc and check it back in. Are you able to see the changes in this new test doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will have a go at it and let you know the result.

Cheers,
James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I executed a test file and it worked and then we tested on one of our working files and it seems to have solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines