Can I use Adobe Arabic fonts with InCopy?

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Adobe Arabic bunch of fonts in one of my websites, currently on Adobe XD. These fonts: https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/adobe-arabic

Can you confirm if I swap my Adobe XD  to InCopy I would still be able to use the web fonts on my website?

I have tried on multiple occasions to get Adobe helpers to confirm this so far failed and no luck.

Kind regards

Layik

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020
Dear Layik, Robert as well as I do find your question unclear. Adobe InCopy has nothing to do with web sites, hence web fonts are not relevant there.  If you mean that your Adobe license will be limited to Adobe InCopy, and you're worried about accessing Adobe fonts which you used in the past on your web sites? If so, then you don't need to worry, your single application license should entitle you to access all Adobe Fonts (typekit).

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant , Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020
If you're referring to the Adobe Fonts that are a part of CC subscriptions, then yes, if it's a web font, you can use it on your website.That said, I prefer using Google Fonts with WordPress sites. It's way easier.

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does any of this have to do with using a font on a website?
InCopy is an editorial application used with InDesign.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite "a font on a website", or we could say "what does any of this have to do with using a font on a website using an XD account"?

Adobe fonts license is bundled with their products such as XD. It is not only their support team who has no idea, but members like yourself, too.

Appreciate you trying to help but nothing more.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to the Adobe Fonts that are a part of CC subscriptions, then yes, if it's a web font, you can use it on your website.

That said, I prefer using Google Fonts with WordPress sites. It's way easier.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Layik, Robert as well as I do find your question unclear. Adobe InCopy has nothing to do with web sites, hence web fonts are not relevant there. 

If you mean that your Adobe license will be limited to Adobe InCopy, and you're worried about accessing Adobe fonts which you used in the past on your web sites? If so, then you don't need to worry, your single application license should entitle you to access all Adobe Fonts (typekit).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Zaid and Rob,

Happy to apologise for not putting it clearly, maybe this is not the forum. But clearly CC subscription is tied into these proudcts and I hoped to get an answer.

I appreciate your replies, you both actually have done better than Adobe "Help". I have just gone ahead and cancelled my XD and purchased an InCopy. For the past 15 minutes everything is OK, my web project is still live.

Thanks and this thread can be closed (if there is such a thing).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines