Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't do any modification on Incopy

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've recently downloaded my Incopy file from a cloud service. But now, I can't do any modification on my file. I can't edit the text at all, and so it is in Indesign.

Have you got any idea how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

You  can't  edit any  frames in an InCopy  file unless  the designer, in InDesign, has exported them to InCopy format first, which creates links from the text frames in ID to stand-alone ICML (InCopy) files. Those ICML files and the INDD file have to be available to you to open and edit, either on a central fileserver or synced to your hard drive via Dropbox. Then you can use InCopy  to open the INDD  file, and check out stories (text frames) within the layout, and edit them.

Without the designer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  can't  edit any  frames in an InCopy  file unless  the designer, in InDesign, has exported them to InCopy format first, which creates links from the text frames in ID to stand-alone ICML (InCopy) files. Those ICML files and the INDD file have to be available to you to open and edit, either on a central fileserver or synced to your hard drive via Dropbox. Then you can use InCopy  to open the INDD  file, and check out stories (text frames) within the layout, and edit them.

Without the designer doing that prepatory step, InCopy will let  you open INDD files and select text within the frames and copy that text for pasting elsewhere,  but  you won't  be able to actually edit the text in the INDD file.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ! Thanks for your answer, that's great, everything's working now !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines