Can't see white text - can you add a background colour to certain incopy pages?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have set up my first incopy/indesign workflow.

I have exported my text layers only to incopy. Everything links just fine, but because some of my content lives on a coloured background, the text in incopy is displayed white in layout view.

Is there a way I can add a background or change the text colour just on incopy so my copy writer can read all the text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

2 Correct Answers

Most Valuable Participant , Nov 18, 2019
BobLevine Most Valuable Participant , Nov 18, 2019
Sounds like the InCopy user is opening an ICML file instead of the INDD document. They should have no issue at all viewing it properly.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Contributor , Nov 18, 2019
Fourteen Contributor , Nov 18, 2019
I think the easiest solution may be for the InCopy user to use galley or story view for those portions of the document where the text is white.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the easiest solution may be for the InCopy user to use galley or story view for those portions of the document where the text is white.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep thank you I did manage to sort it out in the end.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the InCopy user is opening an ICML file instead of the INDD document. They should have no issue at all viewing it properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jaimi-leeb13691655 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep thank you, I did manage to sort it out in the end.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines