• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you select all text in InCopy's multiple separator bars

Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone wanted to select all content within the Header separator bar and the Body, could this be done via script or menu commend?  I have not found that menu command.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screenshot of what you want? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot.   I have not found a way to select text or run Find/Change in both segments (Header + Body).  I wanted to ask, just in case I was overlooking something.

headers in copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please pardon me, I don't understand native of this "header" and "body". This is not a story, not a table in it. What is it? Please show how it looks in layout tab. Can you share through dropbox this part of file (not all your work)?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layout View.jpg

Here is a grab of Layout View.  There are distinct frames for Header and Body.  I will see if InCopy allows me to save this out ... for a dropbox share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, it appears I cannot save a true InCopy file out for examination.  InCopy is running inside a CMS that also has plugins and it is likely those plugins overwrite Adobe's Save As ... feature as it is grayed out, and instead users have a Save Content menu command -- of course, because this feeds the database.

So it might have been a terrible question I asked to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terrible, but interesting! 🙂

Sorry, but I don't know the answer here. Is this CMS have a known name? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines