Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cmd+Backspace and Cmd+Delete bugs

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every app on every OS has a way to traverse/select and delete whole words to the right and to the left of the insertion point. E.g. InDesign/Story Editor/InCopy allow you to traverse[/select] words to the right by Cmd[+Shift]+Arrow Right and to the left – with Cmd[+Shift]+Arrow Left. InDesign and Story Editor also allow you to delete words to the right and words to the left with Cmd+Delete and Cmd+Backspace.

But, most unfortunately, and contrary to InDesign, Story Editor and all other apps on Earth, InCopy acts erratically when one tries Cmd+Backspace or Cmd+Delete: sometimes they delete a word to the left, but sometimes they delete a word to the right!

This is me hitting ONLY Cmd+Backspace:

Backspace.gif

This is me hitting ONLY Cmd+Delete:

Delete.gif

I have checked CS5.5 and CC2018 (13.1) on OSX10.11. Is this a known bug? Am I missing something?

Regards

m.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Hi Witkacy,

This does look like erratic behavior, it's worth trying to reset InCopy's preferences: InCopy Help | Customizing preferences and defaults

If that doesn't help, can you please submit a bug report here: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Witkacy,

This does look like erratic behavior, it's worth trying to reset InCopy's preferences: InCopy Help | Customizing preferences and defaults

If that doesn't help, can you please submit a bug report here: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Wren,

Thank you. I will submit a bug as this happens on a fresh installation too: latest InCopy, latest Windows 10. Resetting prefs doesn’t help.

Regards

m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines