Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy flowing different between incopy users

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the InCopy/InDesign workflow between designers and editors. My editors open our Indesign files through Incopy with assigned stories. One of my editors copy does not flow the same as it does for me. It is puling the correct assignment and we see copy chanegs happening but it flows different on her screen vs mine, it shows to have run over text for her but fits fine on mine. We are working over BOX Drive cloud server but all files are up to date and no one is in them at the same time. So I do not think that is the issue.

Any ideas why this is happening? If I open the InDesign file in InCopy on my computer it looks just as it does in my InDesign version. She also has the fonts installed so no missing font issue.

Any help woudl be welcome, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone using the exact same version of InDesign / InCopy? Are you sure everyone is using the same version of the fonts?

Screenshots might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same vesion of fonts, the one editor with the issue is on Incopy version 15.1.0, I have 15.2.0 but she says there is no option for her to upgrade any further than she is at. Not sure why or how there are 2 different versions and she can not upgrade and I can. We are both on Mac's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean 15.0.1 and 15.0.2 and while that shouldn't be an issue, I can't eliminate it, either.

Have that person sign out of the CC desktop app and then back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to follow up, we had to do a full uninstall of Adobe Cloud and reinstall on the editors computer to get her versions to be aligned with mine. Adobe Tech support walked me through getting it done. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines