• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does not install....

Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times and no luck.... it simply will not install.

I am running a Cintiq Companion 2 with Windows 10.

When I click on more info.... this is the error message I get.

Exit Code: 184

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 184) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeInCopy12IconHandler64-mul', version:12.0.0.081

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeInCopy12IconHandler64-mul Version: 12.0.0.081). Error code: '184'

WARN: Unable to move file at "C:\adobeTemp\ETR635F.tmp\3\AdobeInDesign12IconHandler64-mul\AdobeCommon\Shell\CC.2017\idicon.dll" to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\CC.2017\idicon.dll" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Hi Aman and Wren,

I was having the same problem installing InCopy and tried Aman's suggestion. I was impatient and didn't restart my computer after changing the file name, but it worked great. InCopy installed. 

Regards,

Charlene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

I request you to try renaming the idicon.dll file present at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Shell\CC.2017\idicon.dll" to id_icon.dll and then restart your machine. Installing InDesign after the above process should proceed successfully. Also, do make sure no other Adobe application is opened while you install this time!

Do let us know if it does not.

-Aman

amaarora@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Were you able to get InCopy running with Aman's suggestion? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman and Wren,

I was having the same problem installing InCopy and tried Aman's suggestion. I was impatient and didn't restart my computer after changing the file name, but it worked great. InCopy installed. 

Regards,

Charlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Charlene!

I hope OP was also able to get his InCopy/InDesign running

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to know that Kenneth.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines