• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editor of mathematical formulas

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I edit mathematical formulas as fractions, integrals, powers, functions, etc. in this program?

Everything with which I met before, breaks the mathematical equations into different lines. As a result, when I try to save in .fb2 format for an e-book, the text loses its entire structure.

Will another file format help in solving the problem? Or is this program does not designed to work with the technical focus of literature?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

MathTools v3 from Movemen has a plugin for InDesign and InCopy that lets you enter equations as you are asking. It exports as MathML, which epub 3 understands. (Not sure what an ".fb2" file is, I've never heard of that extension. An ebook is .epub, but only InDesign can export to that format.)

https://movemen.com

Also, MathType, an equation editor that creates equations as art objects that you can place into InDesign as inline objects should also work with InCopy, since you can place  art in a sto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InCopy is intended to be a companion program to InDesign. I’m not really sure what you’re asking about, but there are math plugins and extensions available for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good. Does that plugin make the formulas as an image or as text?

Could you also give an example of this plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MathTools v3 from Movemen has a plugin for InDesign and InCopy that lets you enter equations as you are asking. It exports as MathML, which epub 3 understands. (Not sure what an ".fb2" file is, I've never heard of that extension. An ebook is .epub, but only InDesign can export to that format.)

https://movemen.com

Also, MathType, an equation editor that creates equations as art objects that you can place into InDesign as inline objects should also work with InCopy, since you can place  art in a story in the same way.

Design Science: MathType - Equation Editor

More info on running a script to better integrate with ID (and assumably IC) here:

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very intrasting MathType program.

Can this program create math equestion in code of document, which after export to ePub will read on PocketBook? Or all math equestion will be created how image in ePub document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, I don't know. Best to ask the MathType folks. They probably have a demo available for download, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines