• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message using "return for InDesign and email"

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My artist sends me InCopy files, I edit them and return them as InDesign (IDAP) files. I use the "return for InDesign and email" function. All of a sudden, I started receiving an InCopy error box with a red X and a bar that says OK. When I click on the bar, it takes me out of the file. I hadn't done anything to my computer in terms of updates. So I decided to update InCopy to see if that fixed the problem. It still gave me the error box. I tried different files, thinking one was corrupt. Same result. I did find I can package the file as IDAP, save it to my hard drive, then go into my email, attach the IDAP file and email it to her. Not nearly as efficient but it allows us to limp along. We're using Apple mail built around Gmail.

TOPICS
InDesign workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That workflow is, IMO, horrific. It had its place many years ago but there's really little need for it today.

Put everything in a Dropbox or Onedrive folder and share it. This will simplify things dramatically for both of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines