• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel Place Connection in Incopy is not updating

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea is to use incopy in combination with excel to update certain text fields in indesign. 

Therefore in the indd.file I add respective levels or fields to an incopy task. When opening the incopy task, I can easily connect the desired excel cells to the part that shall be updated (using place). The changes are then updated in the original .idml or .indd file. Everything is perfect...

However when the excel file and its cell content is changed and I reopen the incopy task again, I am not asked to update the connection. The result is that I have to place in the excel connection again.

How can I update incopy placed content automatically?

To connect the excel cell directly in the indd.file (place in option) in principle works, but with each change in the excel cell and the afterwards update in indd, embedded field are deleted.

I apologize if I may not explain my issue in the best way, but I am not a native :-).
Though I hope someone could assist me in my matter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>embedded field are deleted.

What do you mean? Show by screenshot. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines