• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font issues for InCopy users

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently updated all the fonts in our monthly magazine, and this is the first issue all of my editors are using them. We purposely chose all Google fonts because they are free and installation/activation is easy. Or so we thought. (We're working with Montserrat and Playfair primarily.)

Every single editor has gone through all the steps to make sure they're installed in every possible place. Font Book, in our InCopy fonts folder and activating upon InCopy startup. But then we keep getting activation errors and missing fonts. My InCopy has a spinning blue circle at the top of the menu bar that is constantly activating Montserrat, but never gets through it. Now, just today, I removed Montserrat everywhere from my computer and deactived it in Adobe Fonts. Then I reactivated it, and it was fine. I opened a file, did my changes. Then, I reopened the same file maybe 30 minutes later--no one else had touched it--and all of the Montserrat had changed to Montserrat (TT). Previously in the font selector, Montserrat (TT) wasn't even an option. 

How/why are we having all of these issues when our design counterparts using InDesign have been fine? And how/why would a font just change to a (TT) version when no one had physically changed it? I literally only have one version activated in Adobe fonts and it's still not working. 

We thought going to Google fonts would solve all of our font problems we've had for years, but that's not the case apparently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the Folt folio so I am not huring for fonts. I am not sure if you are using Windows or a Mac for fonts.

I also have no idea how well font substitution tables are for Google's free fonts. On a PC windows handles the fonts so all applications can use them, My MacBook does not have a lot of software installed.

Lemme know how you make out with the new fonts and if they are as good as Adobe's offerings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines