Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts/text exceeded in the textbox in .icma document

Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

we use Incopy with success in our small team but we have a little problem.

(All computers are running up to date systems Sierra and the latest Incopy version)

Some users don't see all the text in a textbox (little "+" sign on the bottom right of the textbox) and others can see all the text (without any problem) in the .icma document.

I had a look in the system language used but it's the same on all computers. May be the trouble comes with a conversion between different units (I don't know...)

If someone as an idea where to look for.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do all machines have the proper fonts available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All fonts are included in FontBook on each computer...I even tried to place them directly into the Incopy font folder but same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oups sorry for that...I thought my first mail was lost in translation 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots might help, then. Also, have you tried opening the INDD document instead of the ICMA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 screenshots are joined with Incopy views for two users and one more screeshot with the document opened in indesign for the user with troubles.

user 1 - good incopy.jpg

User 2 - wrong incopy.jpguser 2 in Indesign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, nothing special to notice with the original document opened in Indesign for the user who has trouble with the view in Incopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're misunderstanding. Open the INDD file in InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign doc opened in Incopy.jpg

the Indesign doc. opened in Incopy has also the problem ...

Thank for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're positive the exact same version of that font is installed on that machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess for cases where users do not see all the text in a textbox (little "+" sign on the bottom right of the textbox) you need to change the view mode from preview to normal...

That is, choose the view option  highlighted in red. This should solve your problem.

If it does not, and still if users are unable to see the full text.. Then what happens when you open the story editor(cmd+y after selecting the text frame) for the frame for which the text is not visible?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're missing the OP's problem. Why should there be overset text for the InCopy user when the text is copyfit fine in InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob > yes, the font is totally the same.

In fact it has to be because when I open the Indesign document on that computer all is all right...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And these are the same versions of InDesign/InCopy? If so, I’m stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, updates are made ...

by the way I thank you for all your answers, may be I will find a solution... one day 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could ty trashing the preferences on the troublesome machine and see if that helps. Not sure if that’s been mentioned yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your answer Aman. I tried to change the view as you said. But it doesn't change anything in Incopy. For your second point I have no trouble in indesign and I think BobLevine has the good question...(I thanks him also)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a trouble with fonts used in this frame? There are only two fonts used in this text ... and Incopy says there is no problem with fonts...

Is there a problem with the size of the frame? A conversion of units (inch-cm) or percentage (I looked but saw nothing special)... Why some users have no trouble and others have some? It's a local problem perhaps linked or not with Incopy...

But the really good question is still the same : why this difference of view between those to linked softwares (Indi/incopy) ?

😉 I am still looking for the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Aaah if trashing preferences do not work then can you please share your document through drop box? Like Bob, I too cant figure out how and why is this happeninng. Just cannot reproduce this issue on my machines using InDesign CC2017.1 and InCopy CC2017.0 both on Mac OS 10.12.4

@Bob Yes i missed the "copyfit" part of the question!

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I trashed preferences but unfortunately it did not help.

but we could bypass it, now we know there could be a problem sometimes we will manage our stuff differently.

Thanks

@amarora I did not send you anything till now because I am busy...may be later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious. It looks like the leading is larger when opened in the IC file.

Can the IC user select all the text, reduce the leading, and then see all the text?

I might also, in InDesign, select all the text and copy it, delete the text frame, drag out a new text frame, paste the text in, make it taller so there's lots of extra room at the bottom (for a couple lines), then re-export to IC with a different name. Sometimes text frames get corrupted.

AM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does the paragraph style look like for the text? Are there any overrides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines