Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to do edits in ICAP file

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am new to Incopy, I received ICAP file from customer. I opened that file in Incopy 2020. I know that its a package file from Incopy. I can open the file, but I can't do edit correction in that file. Please let us know the procedure how to perfrom the edits in ICAP file. But while opening that file i got this attached msg.

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 7.57.24 PM.png

Its an urgent request anyone please let us know the process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't possibly recommend this workflow anymore. Have whoever sent it to you put all the appropriate files in a Dropbox or OneDrive folder and share that with you. Then, open the INDD file in InCopy.

That error indicates that there is no InCopy content in the assignment and that leaves me wondering how well the InDesign knows this workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Thanks for your reply, I didn't received InDesign file from customer. I Just received ICAP File, I can able to open the ICAP file in InCopy, but can't edit the content. I attached the screen shot of received file.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 7.53.16 AM.png

As per your statement, I need to ask the client to place all the files in Dropcap or Onedrive then I can open the file.?

After opening the ICAP file in Incopy under the Assignment Menu it shows the ICMA as Assignment Package. I attached screenshot for your reference.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 12.54.37 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice has not changed. Stop using this workflow and follow my advice from above. 

It would appear that whoever sent you that package does not understand how this works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

Okay i will inform the customer, For my understanding please let us know how to open the Assignment is packaged to perform the edits.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 10.38.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing there to open. The customer has not exported any InCopy content.

To be perfectly frank, I think both you and the customer could benefit from some training.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob

Thanks for your confirmation. Now I let the customer regarding this issue. As you said I am also new to Incopy I learning some thing from "incopy_reference.pdf". I asked the customer to provide the InDesign file. From that InDesign file I Created ICAP file and working on it. 

I know that Incopy usage is used my multiple user at a time editorial, author and designer. But for this customer there workflow is different.

Thanks for your reply and confirmation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines