• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.icma vs .icml

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export all stories from my InDesign file I don't always generate an .icma file. Should there always be an .icma file? I don't understand why it happens sometimes and not other times.

Also, can editors work in either the .icml or  the .icma? Sometimes they tell me that without the .icma they can't see the text file to edit.

Thanks for any clarification you can give on this.

TOPICS
Assignments

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

The ICMA file is an assignment. Whether you choose to use one or not is going to depend on the project and your particular workflow.

The ICMA file contains all or part of your InDesign document and the ICML files are the actual InCopy content that can be checked out and edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ICMA file is an assignment. Whether you choose to use one or not is going to depend on the project and your particular workflow.

The ICMA file contains all or part of your InDesign document and the ICML files are the actual InCopy content that can be checked out and edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 

Please let us know why i can't able to checkout the icma file, checkout icon is disable. Its how Assignment package icon

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 12.54.37 AM.png

Thanks

Ganesh.R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines