• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy Assignments Reverting Back to Original Version

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a daily newspaper and our copy desk uses InCopy (CC 2017). As the design editor, I maintain the InDesign (CC2017) file to which the InCopy assignment are linked and our copy editors update the assignments in InCopy. Occasionally, after an assignment has been updated in a layout file with another or multiple assignments, the update icon will appear on one of the another assignments, which then reverts it back to the original version, eliminating any recent changes. This weird glitch is not because someone has accidentally checked out that assignment — in fact it seems to happen randomly. Does anyone know why this keeps happening and how I can rectify this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Sounds like you may have a Dropbox syncing issue. I’d be looking at each user to see how well things are working to make sure everyone’s machines are syncing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these assignments all being stored and accessed from a server? Have you tried just opening the INDD files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use Dropbox because our internal office server is slow and has issues,

Yes, I usually keep the INDD layout file open and update the InCopy

assignments when they're ready.

Chris Hale

~ Personal details removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using assignments or just the INDD file with InCopy content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the INDD file and our copy editors use the IC assignments. I update them in the INDD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t we’re communicating very well. Are you using an actual assignment? That would an ICMA file. Or are the InCopy users just opening the INDD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copy editors are updating the text in InCopy via the INDD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may have a Dropbox syncing issue. I’d be looking at each user to see how well things are working to make sure everyone’s machines are syncing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking too. We have a really slow internal server and IC wasn't working with it when we first started using IC. I'll give it another try.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm seeing a similar issue starting to happen with our assignments. We do use Dropbox for some projects, but we're seeing it with projects that have also been done in-house, stored on our internal server, and were never on Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines