• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy CC - unexpectedly quits when opening a large indd file

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a large project with my team. It is in the final phases of edits. Now the InCopy users (myself and one other) can't open the indd document without it immediately crashing. I use a Mac and my colleague uses a PC. We both are experiencing the same issue with it crashing. Our in-house tech support suggested updated the InCopy software to the 2018 version, but I am experiencing the same issue. We are on a deadline and this issue is making it difficult to move forward. Our designer is having no problem opening and editing this file in InDesign.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Someone needs to open that CS5.5 document, save it as CC2018 and then re-export all of the InCopy content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to InCopy forum.

We need way more details on this. What exact version of InDesign and InCopy is everyone on? Are there crash reports? How are you working? With assignments? INDD? On a network? Dropbox? Other file sharing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions:

Adobe InCopy CC 2018

Adobe InDesign CC 2018

InDesign CS5.5 Document

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.02.20 PM.png

When I click report, I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.02.58 PM.png

Here are the details:

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 2.06.17 PM.png

We are not working with assignments. We are working with INDD. We are using Google Drive. We launch InCopy, then click open, and choose the .indd file from the shared Google Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone needs to open that CS5.5 document, save it as CC2018 and then re-export all of the InCopy content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines