• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy content not showing up as an Assignment in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We publish a newsletter that is created in InDesign with links to articles created in InCopy. Suddenly, not all of the articles show up in the Assignments panel, although all have the globe/arrow link and all show up in the Links panel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Hello All,

The issue is now fixed in the latest update of InDesign.

Please upgrade to the new InDesign 14.0 from your Creative Cloud Application.

If you are unable to see the update yet, click on the menu (three dots) on the top right corner of the Creative Cloud app and click on “Check for App Updates”.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you're sure you've twirled open all the triangles in the Assignments panel? (sorry if this is too elementary, need to check).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that all articles are stored in the same shared space and access is not an issue?

Version and OS details would help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Eric. All articles were stored in the same folder on a shared server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, I had issues in the past when Documents where not 'Checked In' by users, locking access

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get the InCopy content to show up in the Assignment Panel? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to figure out what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also been having this issue. I recently updated my Mac OS and also updated my InCopy and InDesign, which is when the issue started happening. I also operate on a network with Macs and PC's so I don't know if this might also be a server issue. The InCopy files show up in my links pallet but not in my Assignments pallet. The only work around I have been able to come up with is to go to my links pallet and unlink the content from there and then adding the text to the Assignment pallet and re-saving it. I have tried resetting my preferences to default in InDesign but that didn't help. I hope there is a solution to this issue since my workaround is super inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on Windows and we (InDesign & InCopy users) just did the updates and now this is happening I will try your work around. It may be inefficient but if it works it will be worth it. Yes, I hope there's a solution to this issue soon. Thanks jessicac70450094!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots of your assignments panel fully opened for the named assignments as well as unassigned InCopy content, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the workaround and couldn't get it to work for me. Here's my Links and Assignments.Links.JPGEmptyAssignmentPanel.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.16.02 AM.png All of these files I placed in there manually after I imported them into my layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really needed to see that before you did anything along with full details on the prior version of InDesign/InCopy and what update you're referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to version 13.1 for both InCopy and InDesign and I don't know what the previous version was but it was the last version before this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what version was the file created in? You can check the file history by opening it and cmd+clicking (Mac) or ctrl+clicking (Windows) About InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file was created in 13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to version 13.0.1 from 13.0 for ID and IC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting because the files say there were created in version 13.1.0.76.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening with all of your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all of the InCopy files that I place in my layout do not show up in the Assignments pallet and only show up in my Links pallet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first it was all of the files. Then I had 1 story with the wrong name and I opened it in InCopy and saved it and it suddenly appeared on the Assignment Panel. I tried to do this with some of the other stories I'm working with and it didn't work. 1 story randomly came in by itself. I really can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record…Are you seeing this issue in the InDesign and InCopy or only one of them? If it’s in InCopy does it happen when opening an ICMA file or an INDD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When an individual .icml file is opened in InCopy it shows on the Assignment Panel. Although not showing in InDesign.

When the .indd file is opened in InCopy only the 2 stories I mentioned above are showing in the Assignment Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should NOT be opening the ICML files, you should be opening the INDD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am placing ICML files into my InDesign layout. I am not working in InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, someone is providing you with ICML files? When you place them, do they show up in the unassigned incopy content in the assignments panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines