• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy Crashing when Saving or Checking In (corrupted file)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rather new to InCopy so I'm going to explain this the best I can, but I may not have all the correct terminology here. I'm having the following issue:

Our designer took an existing indesign file and packaged the document so we can alter the original product to create another by making minor changes. This is a product that requires the Math editor/reader plugin produced by Movemen. The designer exported the duplicated file to InCopy and I've made changes to the package file using InCopy. On certain files, not all, when I tried to "Save Content" or check in, InCopy would freeze (my cursor would be spinnging/thinking indefinitely) and I would have to force close the program. When I reopened the program and reopened the file I was working in some pages in the file would be blank (content gone) and I'd get this error message "Found corrupted MathZone={732,819} at [-1] for story={UID:178918,"

Has anyone encountered this or know how I can resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InCopy application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I would check with Movemen and see if they are familiar with anything like this. The error message seems to be related to their software rather than Adobe. However the error message could be caused by InCopy recovering the document.

Which version of InCopy is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InCopy 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then it sounds like it is most likely the plugin - although you could easily test that by trying to the files without it installed. CC2015 used to have an issue in tables that would cause this, but it has been resolved in CC2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are multiple factors both internal and external to InCopy application that can lead to document corruption. However, I can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines