• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incopy endnote support?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like many, I originally was thrilled to see that Adobe finally implemented endnotes within Indesign. Unfortunately, this has made me jump through hoops in order to work with endnotes since we use Incopy heavily in our workflow. Is there any timeline for endnote support for Incopy? If not, is there anyway I can convert endnotes to plain text in order to export for Incopy? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Ah-hah! The devs have allowed this in the latest beta versions of incopy and indesign (both required). Check it out here: Add Endnote Support for InCopy – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be really soon. You probably read this:

http://incopysecrets.com/finally-endnotes-well-sort-of.php

They usually keep these two products closely synchronized.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's hoping it's soon!

I was also very surprised that you can't "dumb down" the endnotes and convert them to plain text. That would be an easy workaround to export to Incopy, but it doesn't seem like there's a solution like that anywhere currently.

Thanks for the reply, this gives me a glimmer of hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah-hah! The devs have allowed this in the latest beta versions of incopy and indesign (both required). Check it out here: Add Endnote Support for InCopy – Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, InCopy CC 2018 (strange enough) does not yet support the Endnotes from InDesign. Frustrating indeed. I’m sure that very soon a small update for InCopy will add support, but for now it simply will not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it especially frustrating that I cannot simply "dumb down" the endnotes and convert them to plain text. Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines