Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InCopy .icml exported to RTF and embedded notes

Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang,

When you export text from InCopy .icml files, AND the text has embedded NOTES within it; do the notes survive an export to RTF? Do embedded NOTES become RTF comments/annotations? Will the notes be in the RTF file when opened in Word? My test suggests not; but maybe I'm doing it wrong!

Mike Witherell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so, Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

That honestly surprises me. Word supports commenting. Acrobat supports commenting. InDesign and InCopy support embedded text notes, but they cannot be exported to Word/RTF. Seems like a major disconnect in flexible workflow needs.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do get a warning if you create an RTF file stating that the file format may not support certain features, but it's not very specific. I'm not sure what your workflow is aiming for, but you could create a Word file from a PDF of the document (created in InCopy). That would include the notes as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines