Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incopy/Indesign workflow issue - vertical justification

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't run into this before.

When I open my Assignments files, created from my InDesign document, in InCopy many but not all text boxes are vertically justified "center" rather than at the top of the text box as they appear in InDesign. The text boxes are threaded several on one page, and then from page to page, where the first text box is bottom justified. That one is behaving correctly in InCopy, however the next text box in the thread is center justified (vertically). Is this a known issue, and has anyone discovered a fix for it.

I have many other similarly laid out files that don't behave this way.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Kraeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

What version of InDesign/InCopy? Have you tried opening the INDD file in InCopy instead of the assignment?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign/InCopy? Have you tried opening the INDD file in InCopy instead of the assignment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bob,

I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that. Sometimes, I am not a smart man.

Thank you, that solved it for me. I'll continue to wonder why opening the assignment produced the error, but as long as this method works across our network, I will be content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines