• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incopy Missing Command Bar

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently picked up a new laptop, it's great, it has everything I need...except InCopy refuses to display correctly. The application opens but instead of a command bar at the top or a copyfit info panel at the bottom, all I get is blank grey panels. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, nothing makes it display properly.

I've seen a couple of forum posts about removing preferences folders, etc. but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Here's what I'm seeing:

InCopy.PNG

If anybody else out there has seen this and knows how to fix it, I would appreciate the help.

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Window>Command Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window>Command Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. . . .That's not terribly helpfu. As you can see in my screenshot, the command bar is present, it's just blank. I know how to switch toolbars on and off, I've been using InCopy and InDesign for a few years now. The issue is that when the toolbar is present it is blank, and when I close and restart the application, the toolbars remain blank. Resetting the workspace does nothing. Working through the whole delete the preferences folder process does nothing. Basically, Adobe seem to have a bug that they are unwilling to/incapable of fixing.

If anybody out there has anything useful to add (beyond Windows>Command Bar(!), I would very much appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice attitude.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team and I are having the same problem! I've tried the opening and dragging, but they just go blank again. I'm on the hunt for a solution too. If I find one, I'll try to post it back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the solution. Not every panel will dock to that, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that's not working for my team in the long-term. They drag them back into place, but the next time they open InCopy, the interface looks like the photo above. Even though their workspaces are saved. Dragging them back into place over and over is frustrating. I tried Shift+Ctrl+Alt to delete preferences, but we don't get the prompt to delete them. I've used InCopy for 7 years with very few problems. This issue seems to stem from a more recent release, but reverting to and older version caused issues for our art directors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it hard to believe everyone’s prefs went corrupt at the same time.

After you save the workspace, immediately quit InCopy and then re-launch it since all preferences are saved on quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try opening each tool's dialogue box and then dragging it up to the top Command Bar area? I tried it just now and that worked. I hope it helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran several situations in the operating system to correct, from creating a new user to deleting everything from Adobe directly in the Windows 10 Professional Build 1909 registry. Nothing solved, only format c:
I believe it will work ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is ridiculous advice!

Dragging the tools into the bar is the right answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this problem. Try installing InCopy 15.0 instead. It fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines