• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inCopy user cannot check out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incopy users cannot check out assignment. The assignments appear updated on their screen but there is no little icon on the corner of the text block showing the status and any change they do in the text cannot be checked in either then. We use the last updated version (me on inDesign and them on InCopy).

I tried relinking the stories through the assignment panel on their incopy but they are linked properly already.

We use Google rive. Everything is save or exported on the drive.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Check in check out

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Hi Ohmnath,

Thank you for asking.

I actually resolved the problem yesterday! I am now using dropbox, and it works perfectly. So Google Drive was the problem. It's strange because I used it for several month without any issue before that... Anyway, all good now.

Best,

Clara

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure everything is synced properly? Can individual InCopy stories be checked out? Is the InCopy user opening an assignment or an INDD file? If it's an assignment, try opening the INDD file.

Can you show us screenshots of the InDesign and InCopy assignments panel fully expanded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The individual stories can be checked out by the editors. And what doesn't work is opening an assignment.

This is mine:

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 14.08.29.png

This is the editors:

Aufgaben.JPG.jpg

So it looks like they are already checked out when they open it, but they cannot check in afterwards and there is no icon on the corner of the frame.
It is the same when they open the .indd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that the individual stories can be checked out when they on the .icml, not the .icma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the INDD file in InCopy. Does it work there?

There's really no reason for an assignment with only two of you working on this.

FWIW, I've never tried this on anything but Dropbox which works wonderfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the same when they open the .indd.

There will be many assignments and many editors needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone synching to local versions of these files? That is, does everyone have the google drive app installed so that the files are actually on the hard drive?

Are there any illegal characters in the file names? Accented characters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We open the file from the google drive and work directly on it. And the names don't contain any illegal characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to install the google drive apps on each computer and work off the local google drive folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we cannot work contemporaneously on the same project then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m afraid you don’t understand how this works. You install the app and the files are synced to each machine using the shared folder. As you make changes they are automatically synced to the cloud and then to each user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes this I know. I thought you meant saving it on each computer...

We all use the drive app already and work directly from the shared folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I’m stumped. It should be working but I’ve never used Google Drive for this, only Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! this is really frustrating... I'll give a try to dropbox then!
Thanks a lot for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clara,

Were you able to resolve this by using Dropbox?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ohmnath,

Thank you for asking.

I actually resolved the problem yesterday! I am now using dropbox, and it works perfectly. So Google Drive was the problem. It's strange because I used it for several month without any issue before that... Anyway, all good now.

Best,

Clara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation Clara.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines