• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Menu for adding Notes is greyed out and I cannot add any notes.

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Incopy and Indesign  Menu for adding Notes is greyed out and I cannot add any notes. I have tried looking for tutorials and cannot work out why. Maybe its something to do with my export settings? 

menu greyed outmenu greyed out

TOPICS
Assignments , Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020
The screen capture is impossible to read. Is the story you're attempting to add a note to checked out?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen capture is impossible to read. Is the story you're attempting to add a note to checked out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding i have worked it out now.

Basically to be able to add a note at all you need to check in the storie fromthe assignment. 

Was pulling hair our trying to work that one out 🙂

Now i need to work out how the track changes works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I strongly suggest some type of training? If this is tripping you up, you're going to be doomed.
Anne-Marie Concepcion's courses on LinkedIn Learning will definitely get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will indeed look into it thanks for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Notes being greyed out and no option to create a note. I am working on a document that only I have access to - it isn't a shared document. Is this why I cannot create notes? I want to be able to have information off to the side to use later if I need to but not have it published in my current document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only add notes to a checked out story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response. Is there a way to have some kind of "notes" off to the side in InDesign that won't show up in my published document? I am happy to watch a tutorial if there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sure. Open it in InDesign and put the text on the pasteboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines