Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No horizontal scrollbar

Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image002.png

Does anybody have any guesses for what would cause this? It appears that InCopy doesn't create a horizontal scroll bar at all (even if it wasn't needed there would still be the graphic element for it) or it is placed incorrectly somewhere behind the bottom panel. Reinstalling InCopy solved the issue temporarily but it returned shortly thereafter. (I'm not having the issue myself - trying to help a user who is.) If you look at a close up things appear not to be aligned correctly:

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 09.53.48.png

My only guess would be that it has to do with the screen resolution but I've not seen this before. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. As you have already tried resetting preferences and reinstalling InCopy, please check how InCopy works in Hidden admin account (How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account - gHacks Tech News ). If it does not work as expected, please try reaching us for a live troubleshooting session at Contact Customer Care.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be corrupt preferences. Try trashing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, they've tried that and have also reinstalled the application but end up with the same results. Apparently things worked briefly after the new install but after a restart the scrollbar was gone again. I unfortunately can't do much hands on troubleshooting or check different preferences so was just hoping somebody may have seen the issue previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a supported configuration? What version of IC and what operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is CC2018 and - although I am not 100% positive - I am pretty sure that it is Windows 10. Although I'd need to check with the user to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. As you have already tried resetting preferences and reinstalling InCopy, please check how InCopy works in Hidden admin account (How to enable the hidden Windows 10 administrator account - gHacks Tech News ). If it does not work as expected, please try reaching us for a live troubleshooting session at Contact Customer Care.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have InCopy on a Windows PC and I got the same problem: no horizontal scrollbar. Fixed it by opening InCopy 'As administrator'. Scrollbar showed up, and the next time I opened InCopy the regular way, it was still there. So right-click on the icon and choose 'Run as administrator'. In your Start menu: right-click on the icon, choose 'More >', and then select 'Run as administrator'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines