Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overwritten content by different users | Workflow

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!!

Where I work we have a very collaborative way of writing, we have writers in house and remote writers that work together in the same project, which means that we have people (in house and remote) working in the same InDesign file simultaneously, using InCopy to add/edit content in different stories. 

To do it successfully we need to keep communicating with each other every time we check-out/ check-in stories, not to risk overwriting content (this has happened before and it is incredibly frustrating for writers and designers.

What causes this problem is that most of the time InCopy does not show that a story / an assignment is in use (checked out) by someone. So we have had overwritten content because one writer checked out the same story that another writer was working on.

Can someone please suggest me solutions to avoid this to happen, or tell me how to fix this connectivity issue between InCopy and users this way all users will be able to see if a story is in use or not in a real-time sensitive manner. 

* We use the layout-based workflow, and all users have access to the files and stories using the Datto server. 

I very much appreciate any and all help!!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?