• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently upgraded to cc2018. We are using anchored objects (icons) within text boxes.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded to cc2018. We are using anchored objects (icons- AI files) within text boxes. They are losing their fill after Incopy closes file.  Work flow goes from designer(Indesign) to editor (Incopy). Icons are fine when designer closes file and sends to editor. Editor works file and closes. Designer opens file and Icons have either lost thier fill or have strokes applied. Has anyone experienced this? 

All of employees are on macs but versions vary. Please help. 

TOPICS
Bug , InDesign workflow , Performance , Version and compatibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's losing their fill? Are the InDesign users also on 2018?

I warn you, even if this is a bug it will never be fixed in 2018. You are now two full versions out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The anchored icons loose their fill. Yes, everyone is on cc2018. We recently upgraded from CC2015 - we had no trouble with using anchored objects using this version. Tell my company about the version thing. LOL. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this isn't a display thing? Are those icons linked? Check the links panel to be sure they're not missing or out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not linked. The designer copys and pastes into the layout from a template. They are anchored into the text box. We never linked in CC2015 either. These are simple icons with very few points and a gray fill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was there no problem with CC2015 using this workflow, we have been doing this for years - even before CC2015. The problem occured after the upgrade to CC2018. I read that InCopy CC2018 has issues with anchored objects - pdfs and especially AI files. 
Has anyone else had issues with anchored objects in CC2018 InCopy or Indesign? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said earlier, if that's the case, it will never get fixed in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody had issues with anchored icons losing their fill when working in a Indesign to InCopy workflow. Or are there known issues with CC2018 and anchored objects? Is this a known issue? Please advise of any fixes or workarounds. thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not going to get a fix and pasting images into InDesign is bad practice anyway. Try placing them instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am grasping here, the designers have been doing this for years and want to know why they can't do it anymore. They don't want to hear that they cannot do it anymore without a reason why. That is not an answer they will accept. I appreciate that you spent the time you did on this. I was just wondering if this is a known issue with InCopy - that they would accept as a reason........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this even matter. You can't send anything for output from InCopy and if this is only a cosmetic thing what's the difference?

That said, I have no idea why this is happening and if the ID users are that unreasonable, I'm afraid all I can do is wish you luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It matters because eveytime an Incopy user touches the article we lose the fill in the icons and the designer has to fix repeatedly on their end in Indesign. it is not just cosmetic, it is changing the appearance in the layout that will be used to create the pdf for printing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...I thought it was cosmetic only. I don't even have 2018 installed anymore and all I can do is repeat the suggestion to try 2020 and see if happens there, too. And I would also repeat my suggestion to place those graphic instead of pasting them.

This is troubleshooting and if it's still happening in 2020 you can at least file it as a bug because as I've already said, 2018 will never get a bug fix.

Finally, I'm sure you've noted that I'm the only one responding here. You might want to pop over to the InDesign forum and post there. There's a lot more people there and some of them might have seen this. If you do, post a link to this thread as well as screenshots to show the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for responding to me and for your suggestions. I appreciate it. I will try Indesign forum. 

One more question - we still have v11 in the preferences and cache even though we are on v13. I toss v11 and it comes back after launching Incopy. Could this be causing an issue? Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 7.55.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines