• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommend InCopy for creating proposals between designer and proposal writers?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would involve 50-60 page proposals, tight deadlines, multiple and heavy revisions on content, last minute changes, etc. The organization would like for the Proposal Writers to be able to edit content from their end and have the changes be reflected in the InDesign file which i would manage. On paper InCopy looks great but just wondering from a real-world standpoint if this is the way to go. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Assignments , Feature request , InDesign workflow , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely the way to go!

Package it all in a Dropbox or Onedrive folder and share it among the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Are there any noteworthy drawbacks in working with others through InCopy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trained more people than I can count on how to use InCopy. Their only regret was waiting so long.

I do advise you to get some training before diving in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am going to look into training for myself. How much training do you anticipate for the Proposal Writers on learning how to properly edit files from their end? I've seen some free training offered on LinkedIn. Any recommendations on good training options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Watch the videos on LinkedIn to get an idea of what you'll need. I offer remote training for this so if you'd like to contact me privately we can discuss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines