• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell check not working InCopy

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed that spell check isn't doing anything in InCopy 2020 v15.0.2. When I select Start with the spell check dialog box open, it immediately says "spell check complete" without flagging anything, when previously it would flag completely normal words and definitely at least people's names. I've seen a few threads from a year or two ago about spell check not working in InDesign, but there's very little support for InCopy-only users from what I can tell. 

I introduced a spelling error and it didn't catch it, and I turned dynamic spelling on and company names and last names aren't flagged (and they aren't in my user dictionary either).

I've turned spell check on and off in Preferences with files open and not open. The last step is uninstalling and reinstalling, which isn't ideal. Why did this just stop working and how can we get it turned back on? This is a mandatory tool my entire team uses every day, so it's unacceptable that it doesn't work. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?