• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text editing

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an InCopy "Assignment" from my InDesign document, comprised of several magazine spreads. I sent to my client for their review but they are not able to edit the text. Apparently I need to "Check Out" or Check In" each individual document text frame. I did so on the first spread but every other spread appears grayed-out and I am not able to perform this function - or any other. How come!!!

- Greg 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you sending these files? I suggest putting everything in a dropbox folder and sharing that with the client.

Export the InCopy content and have them open the INDD file from InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes DropBox. I'll try your suggestion, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you open the INDD file in InCopy -- not the .icml file?
We're trying to use incopy for a holiday lookbook, and I think i told the designer incorrect instructions... to export everthing into a STories file... but then I saw I should have had her create as "Assignments" which would then create an .icml file...

So I went into the INDD file and did that... but now I'm getting locked/in use messages everywhere..

ughhhh.. should we just start over?

Really no copy editing had happened yet anyway. Advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no need for an assignment. Just open the INDD file in InCopy, check out any stories you want to work on and then check them back in.

When the designer opens the INDD file they'll be prompted to update the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines