• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text in connected frames showing in first frame only in layout view

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few editors experiencing the same problem on InCopy, when editing in layout view.

When they open the assignment, the text is shown only in the first frame with the + icon in the bottom right corner. The text should fill the other two columns as well.

Capture d’écran 2018-03-21 à 13.23.54.png

If I look at the InDesign document, all text frames are part of the assignment and the text is showing properly in the three columns.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 1.39.51 PM.png

Any way to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Then I suggest a new folder structure where the INDD file is by itself, the links are in their own folder and the ICML files are in another. Skip the ICMA thing. There's no benefit to it that I can see here.

Yes, it should work, but I've seen lots of issues fixed in the past by not using assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if they open the INDD file instead of the ICMA file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does show up properly, but we're hiding those files in another folder. We have a lot of people going in these folders and we want to make sure nothing happens to the original file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding the files how? If the users have no access to them, they’ll show as missing links and they won’t be able to check them out and work on them.

I have a feeling that’s the problem.

Nothing with nothing here, but it sounds like your biggest problem if finding reliable people to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a different folder. There's no missing links.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 8.00.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then I suggest a new folder structure where the INDD file is by itself, the links are in their own folder and the ICML files are in another. Skip the ICMA thing. There's no benefit to it that I can see here.

Yes, it should work, but I've seen lots of issues fixed in the past by not using assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines