• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text wrapping does not work in Notes

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text wrapping is not working properly when creating a new note in InCopy, nor does it work on an existing note. The text will jump to the next line after 61 characters, unless the window is configured for a larger number of characters. This occurs both with and without spaces.

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Looks like an issue with corrupt preferences. I notice there's no scroll bar in that panel.

Have the user trash their preferences and it should be fine.

this thread explains it for InDesign but the steps for InCopy are the same.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InCopy are you using, and is this on a Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Fourteen.

This is on an i5 Microsoft Surface running Win10 Enterprise 1607, using the most recent version of InCopy 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the touch workspace? Hmmm, now that I ask, I'm not even sure there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're in the Essentials Workspace.

I've reached out to our Editor for screenshots of the situation and asked that she include as much of her InCopy window as possible. Once I have them, I'll post them for your consideration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notes are not part of the text flow so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Perhaps you're referring to image captions? Can you post some screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's in reference to the way the text is displayed on the palette when using "Notes mode". I'm not able to replicate the issue with CC2017 running Windows 10. Might be one of those things that could be resolved by trashing the preferences if it hasn't already been done.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 16.06.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Yes, that could be it. I wonder if it's a UI or O/S scaling issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have a vague notion that I've seen this before somewhere. It may be the scaling which is why I can't replicate it on a regular laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've already trashed the preferences, with no results. Scaling was also considered, but even after changing the scaling and signing out, then signing back in, the results were unchanged; Notes did not text wrap within InCopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the issue including as much as you can of InCopy as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incopy.png

Here is a screenshot of the issue. As you can see, there are supposed to be 82 characters in the note, and only a few dozen appear on the note without text wrapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like an issue with corrupt preferences. I notice there's no scroll bar in that panel.

Have the user trash their preferences and it should be fine.

this thread explains it for InDesign but the steps for InCopy are the same.

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines