Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open InCopy, my toolbars look like this:

robm77116199_0-1588842227172.png

No matter what I do, I cannot fix this:

1. Issue presents in 2018, 19 and 20 on Windows 10;
  2. Resetting the workspace has no effect;
  3. Toggling different workspaces has no effect;
  4. Dragging toolbars works for some toolbars in single session but when I reopen InCopy, it's back to this;
  5. Trashing prefs works for the first open, but subsequent opens return to this;
  6. Uninstalling has no effect, it opens like this;
  7. Creating a new workspace and checking panel locations has no effect on restart;
  8. Snapping the window to top or side in Windows 10 has no effect;
  9. Adding and removing different size and resolution monitors has no impact;

It really looks like the padding in each bar is set to something ridiculous. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Gratefully received!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

It's good to know that others have the same issue. I have two accounts on my laptop and both of them have the same issue with InCopy 14.0.2 and 15.0.2. - some panels missing, please see:

sanlaak_0-1589542491461.png

However, it seems to be a really unstable issue as these two accounts have a bit different items missing, and missing items can be different in every time when opening the doc.. Don't know anymore what to do. I have once uninstalled all InCopy versions and reinstalled them. I'm using windows 10. It can't be so that we need to clean whole PC and start all from the beginning - I hope we can find some other way to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It most certainly can be, but it's not that big a deal with Windows 10. You can reset to factory and then reinstall the apps.

Data, of course, should be backed up first, but that's why I use Dropbox and Onedrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I will try this.

To be honest with you, I feel it's quite a glib comment you've left here. It would be a very big and time-consuming process for me to go through the affected machines and reinstall all of the applications, network settings, security protocols etc. for my users simply because of this bug. I'm not saying it won't work, and I will test it, just that there might have been a more diplomatic way of saying it. Especially when this isn't a guaranteed fix, only someting to check and eliminate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies - I just realised you don't work for Adobe but are a regular person just trying to help. Thanks again for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not here to tell you something pretty, I'm here to give you my observations.

I didn't tell you to do but you made it out like doing couldn't possibly be the solution.

Why not try it with one clean build and then add things one at a time. You might just stumble on the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

For your information - I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and this same issue with InCopy remains. Will still try to find some other solutions and make tests, but if you are having any other ideas how to solve or where I could try to find a solution, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts 🙂 Many thanks in advance! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How interesting.... @BobLevine any thoughts?

--

med vänlig hälsning, kind regards

Rob Marks
Client Services Executive, CtrlPrint UK

For technical support please visit our support pages at
http://support.ctrlprint.net/home
Mail technical support: support@ctrlprint.net

Call technical support Sweden: +46 (0)8 743 72 60

Call technical support UK: +44 (0)203 630 0134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are beginning to roll out an InCopy workflow at our company and the first two users have also experienced the issue of panels disappearing. Trashing preferences is a temporary solution, but eventually the panel content disappears. We can't move forward until this is resolved. The only difference is I have InCopy installed on my personal mac running an older version of OS (High Sierra) and haven't experienced any issues, my colleagues are on work-issued PCs running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having issues with panels. I have mine on the side and they get larger and larger every time I open the program and there's no grab bar showing up to pull them back. Brand new machine, brand new installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines