• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type on a Path in InCopy

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have experience with Type on a Path in InCopy? I am able to add the paths to the InCopy assignment, they are visible in InCopy but then aren't able to be edited.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. I've never had a problem editing in InCopy stories that just happen to be incorporated into Type on a Path objects.

Can you check them out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are there and I can check them out in the Story view but they are empty. If I put text in I don't see it appear anywhere in the layout and the text that was originally there in the layout is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have found that if I use "Add All Stories to Assignment" it works, I get the Type on Path objects and are able to edit them. It also seems to add an empty element along with the objects though.

So my challenge now is knowing how to add the story that's on the Type on Path to the assignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ben,

Did you try the suggestion by Pariah? Were you able to get this resolve? Do let us know if this still need troubleshooting.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be just a display issue. Try editing the text in that story, save and checkin the story, close InCopy, and open the document in InDesign. Did the text change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines