• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Incopy/Indesign workflow on cloud server?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My team and I work using Incopy for our editors and Indesign for deigners. Currently we use a inhouse server for the workflow but soon maybe be working fully remote so we need to switch to a cloud server for our workflow. I use BOX and BoxSync for other projects but not with Incopy I worry about people working in documents at the smae time and cuaing issues. Does anyone else use a cloud server for the workflow and if so how and what?

thank you for any help, I am trying to avoid havign the editors working directly in indesign if I can.

TOPICS
How to , InDesign workflow , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Box but with Dropbox it is possible that the lock files won't sync. I haven't found this to be an issue with OneDrive though.

I recommend testing it thoroughly and communicating with everyone at least initially when files are being opened and worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobLevine May ask How you use Incopy with OneDrive? What is your workflow?
I am new to OneDrive and want to explore it as a option.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put everything in a Onedrive folder. Share it with others.

The recipients must add the folder to their Onedrive.

Be sure that everyone has that folder set to always be local and not to cloud only which could cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep people from working in the files at the same time I assume you just have to be in comunication to when some one is going to be in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Communication is most certainly important but I've found that Onedrive does sync the InCopy lock files so only one person can check out a story at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, and i assume you are all working off the files that you sync to your computers? It does not look like it supports opening Adobe files directly from the browser.

Thank you so much for all your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, the locally synced files only!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines