• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

18.1 Upgrade - Pantone Spot Swatches Disappeared

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 18.1 and now the swatch options for Pantone Spot Colors disappeared. How can I get those Color Modes back? The only Pantone Options shown are Pantone+ CMYK Coated, Pantone+ CMYK Uncoated and Pantone+ Metallic Coated. As a graphic designer I need the Spot colors not the CMYK options.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Limited Pantone libraries are installed with the new versions. This is an issue between Pantone and Adobe. 

Best thing to do is install an older version of InDesign and copy the swatch libraries over to the new version. On Windows, they are in the app folder>Presets>swatch libraries. I believe it's the same for Mac but I don't have my Mac in front of me at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Limited Pantone libraries are installed with the new versions. This is an issue between Pantone and Adobe. 

Best thing to do is install an older version of InDesign and copy the swatch libraries over to the new version. On Windows, they are in the app folder>Presets>swatch libraries. I believe it's the same for Mac but I don't have my Mac in front of me at the moment.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not as streamlined, but you can create equivalent spot swatches on the fly, using any Pantone equivalency resource.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reinstall the previous color books from earlier versions of Creative Cloud or finding them online and installing the .acb files. Read the section on workarounds.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://github.com/Autocrit/Pantone-color-libraries

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines