Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

2017 CS6 no longer works on new laptop

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought CS6 as a standalone - not the cloud subscription - in 2017. I have used it for five years w/o problems on a different computer. I recently switched to a new laptop running and attempted to reinstall it. The software worked for about 2 weeks, indicating it was a "trial version," and it has now stopped working. It was not a trial version -- it was a non cloud license with full access to all the apps. It worked on this new laptop for 2 weeks but now will not. The message comes up that the S/N is "invalid" or "revoked."

Adobe tells me that the problem is that Adobe "shut the door" on old licenses and I have no choice but to buy a cloud sub. I can't believe this is true. Their servers don't need access to my account because it's not a cloud version. In any case, I understand that they may not support my product, but why are they blocking access to it?

Microsoft has stopped producing/supporting a lot of old products but doesn't make it impossible to use them.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* running Win 11

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling stand-alone CS6 in late 2015.

Given that you bought it two years after that, it's possible that you purchaesd a pirated version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know where you bought it from, but it was very likely not a legal copy. You got way more years out of it than I would have thought so now it's time to either pay for a subscription or find an alternate.

Do not throw good money after bad looking for another "deal."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines