• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A SMALL RING APPEARS AROUND THE ARROW

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WORK IN WINDOWS 10, INDESIGN CS3 AND USE A WACOM TABLET. WHEN WORKING WITH A TOUCH PEN, EVERY TIME I TOUCH THE ARROW OR CURSOR, A SMALL RING APPEARS AROUND THE ARROW OR CURSOR, WHICH PREVENTS ME FROM COMPLETING THE NECESSARY ACTION, E.G. I CAN'T USE THE TOUCH OR TOUCHPAD TO CHANGE THE SIZE OF AN OBJECT, ETC. THE RING DID NOT APPEAR BEFORE IN WINDOWS 7. IS THERE ANY WAY TO ELIMINATE THIS PHENOMENON? WHEN USING THE MOUSE IT DOES NOT APPEAR. WHO CAN ADVICE?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS3 came out in April 2007. That makes your software 15 years old. It's not been supported for probably 8 or 9 years.

You're very lucky to still have it work at all. You're totally on your own. Be happy you can still use the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CapsLock key seems stuck as well.

Take a look at the settings of your Wacom tablet software, disable this kind of behaviour.

https://101.wacom.com/UserHelp/en/ControlPanel.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I presume you are runnning CS3 in compatibility mode for Windows 7?

As Steve mentioned, running it at all on Windows 10 is going to be an exercise in trial and error. If you absolutley must run CS3 (which, as I recall, was pretty buggy) you may want to consider setting up a virtual machine running Win7, XP or 2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines