• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A5 PDF Help

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for letting me join. I am an InDesign noob so be kind. I have been given PDFs for some school planners. The printing company has sent me an InDesign template. When I drag the PDFs into the Templates it looks fine, but when exported there is huge white spaces and the corners aren’t touching the crop marks. I have attached an example of the exported PDF. I have also supplied a screenshot of how it looks in the ID template I was sent. Here is a link to the template I was sent. The size is A5. My question is if there is a template I can use for the PDF’s prior to importing to the InDesign template so that they are the right size? Hopefully that makes sense and thanks in advance!

Template I Have  

Here is a Video  I made that might show the issue better! 

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

OK, your crop marks appear to me to be correct (you can check this using the measure tool in Acrobat Pro to measure the distances between them). Printers marks add additinonal size to the document and are properly located outside the bleed area so they don't show after trimming. Since your pages have no bleed, you see a lot of white space between the marks and the page margins.

There's a script for placing multipage PDFs that allows you some flexibility in scaling and placement which might help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you scale the PDF when placed in InDesign to 100% or did you scale it to fit on the page? You see the scale factor, when you click on the ring of the placed image, look into the transform panel, or the control panel or the property panel. Take care that the image is centered on page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The options I have are 

- Fit frame proportionally

- Fit content proportionally

- Fit conttent to frame

- Fit frame to content

- Centre content

- Content aware fit 

https://vimeo.com/722909364

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willi, this is a comb-bound booklet, so centering the images would probably be a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, your crop marks appear to me to be correct (you can check this using the measure tool in Acrobat Pro to measure the distances between them). Printers marks add additinonal size to the document and are properly located outside the bleed area so they don't show after trimming. Since your pages have no bleed, you see a lot of white space between the marks and the page margins.

There's a script for placing multipage PDFs that allows you some flexibility in scaling and placement which might help you: Releases · mike-edel/ID-MultiPageImporter · GitHub 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines