Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access Denied Opening InDesign

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I work on an IT Service Desk, and I have a user who is getting an "Access Denied" message (See attached) when trying to launch InDesign.  He just got an update to 2023 today, and that seems to be when the issue started.  He gets the same warning when opening other Adobe products, but InDesign is the one he uses primarily.  He thinks it might be related to Behance, which he does not use.  We could not find an option to turn off Behance, if that is indeed what is causing the issue.  I opened a ticket with the Behance Help Center and they directed me here.  I tried to open a ticket with Adobe, and the automated system told me to contact my administrator, but I am the administrator.  Soooo...

Fortunately, he can close the message and work in InDesign seemingly without any problems.

Any idea on what might be causing the "Access Denied" message, and how we can turn off whatever is causing it, or at least suppress the message?

--Tom

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the CC Desktop App. Log out, then back in. (I'd reboot in between, too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Had the user try this and he reports that it did not resolve the problem.

--Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence but someone at the IT Service Desk should know how to send screenshots ...

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but a screen shot was attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, You've placed screenshot in docx instead of just attaching it directly. 

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, my internal ticketing system isn't the greatest, and that's the way we have to do it.  I had already closed my document, so rather than open it again and copy and paste, I just figured dragging and dropping the file was easier.

thomasm516_0-1666643209162.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHere are the files, gthe indd files, saved? What kin of server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, and apologies for the slow response.

The user reports that the document files are stored locally (Windows 10) while he is working on them, and the uploaded to a network share once he is finished with them.  However, he states that the message appears before opening any files.  In fact, he has to clear the message before he can work in the program.

--Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a number of services that run alongside their apps. An overly locked-down computer via Group Policy will cause all sorts of problems. I count 27 Adobe-related Background Processes on my Windows 10 Pro box.

Try allowing background Adobe services to run and you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, and apologies for not replying sooner.  I have been on vacation since 11/3 and today is my first day back.  I will give your suggestion a try.

--Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines