• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to InDesign version 16.4

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my PC was autoupdated to InDesign 2023, I lost my version 16.4 which is critical to align with an InDesign 2021 Server. When I choose to install an older version, it only goes back to version 17.0. Is there a way I can install my old version 16.4?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Best bet is to restore from a backup image, but perhaps you don't make those. You also need to unchjeck the box to remove old versions when you install a new one to avoid this problem again in the future.

{Response modified by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best bet is to restore from a backup image, but perhaps you don't make those. You also need to unchjeck the box to remove old versions when you install a new one to avoid this problem again in the future.

{Response modified by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
if I had another machine with version 16.4. What folders should I copy?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copy the entire Version 16 program folder from the Program Files folder on Windows or the Applications folder on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

i have quit the same problem, but the page prodesigntools.com doesn't work. No chance to get the installer for the Indesigner Version 16.4. Any other ideas how i could get the Version 16.4? 

Thx 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to get it from Customer Support at Adobe (We're just users here like you). They are supposed to have access to old versions if you have a valid use case for needing one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer service will NOT give access to older versions (at least not 16.4 or older). I can confirm this because they just refused it to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that customer service should provide 16.0 (the original release of InDesign CC 2021) but not provide the incremental updates. It's best to backup your operating system if you know you'll need to restore more than the most recent 2 releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines