Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Access to InDesign version 16.4

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my PC was autoupdated to InDesign 2023, I lost my version 16.4 which is critical to align with an InDesign 2021 Server. When I choose to install an older version, it only goes back to version 17.0. Is there a way I can install my old version 16.4?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Best bet is to restore from a backup image, but perhaps you don't make those. You also need to unchjeck the box to remove old versions when you install a new one to avoid this problem again in the future.

You can probably get tthe 16.0 installer still on prodesigntools.com, but there is no place to obtain the updaters for the bug fixes as far as I know and you would need to find someone with the updated files to copy.

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best bet is to restore from a backup image, but perhaps you don't make those. You also need to unchjeck the box to remove old versions when you install a new one to avoid this problem again in the future.

You can probably get tthe 16.0 installer still on prodesigntools.com, but there is no place to obtain the updaters for the bug fixes as far as I know and you would need to find someone with the updated files to copy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines